Monday, February 11, 2008

Goals for 2008

Okay, I can hear it now. I know it is not Jan., when you are suspose to do all of this. Please do remember that I just started this blog or diary the first of Feb. So I am alittle behind. I will pretend that there are only 11 months in this year. It's my blog, my goals and my words to live by. So I can make up all the rules. Sound good? See I told you this was going to be fun. If only I could legally print out money. My magic wand is still in the shop being repaired. I know my mind is wandering again. Back to Goals.

My goal this year is to complete a layout a week for my on personal self. Not to give away but put in a book for me. It can be about anything but it has to go in my scrapbook. Now to what is a layout. One great passion in life at the moment is "Scrap Booking". I am seriously addicted. I have SCRAK. Big Time. Yes, My name is Chere Mortense and I am addicted to scrap booking. Who goes a cruise to Hawaii with Lisa Bernson, editor of Creative Keepsakes magazine, to scrap? Who goes on scrap book field trips. Who goes to Scrap Book University? Who goes to Ala., Tenn., and Conn. for classes? Me and 3 of the most wonderful friends anyone could ever have. Met and made through scrap booking. I wake up, eat, and dream scrap booking. But it is a harmless hobby and I love it.

What is a lay out? It is a 1 to 2 page spread that I have created about the subject of my choice. It can include pictures of an activity or an event. It should tell a story. It is my history or my families history. One day I would like to do my past history. Hopefully my children will pass my scrapbooks down to their children. I hope that they will look at them and know who and what I was. My interest, hobbies, travels, my loves, just my life.

I will post my lay-outs on this blog for all to see. That way I have to be accountable. Boy I am really racking up the stuff to be accountable for. I have sort-organize-throw away and now I have lay-out of the week.

If I am falling down on the job, please let me know.

2 comments:

Marlee said...

I love you, Mom! I love your idea! I would really love to start scrapping too so sign me up for that class!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Hmmm...if you're on SCRAK, I guess that makes me a SCRAK addict too. As your PIC (Partner In Crime), I too went on the scrapbook cruise to Hawaii. I am also going to the Scrap Etc. event with you this spring, to the photography event this fall, and (yes, it's true) on another scrapbook cruise with you next January. Not only are you and I going on the cruise, but we are dragging our helpless spouses along with us! How's THAT for an addiction?? I don't do drugs, don't smoke, don't cheat or lie... where's the harm in a little scrapbook paper? Do you think Dr. Phil will attempt an intervention on us? Maybe we'll be invited to appear on Oprah... now THAT would surely give us something to scrap about!