Friday, May 23, 2008

Beauty in Motion

I have just had the most wonderful evening. Fred and I were out in the boat cruising around. I was sitting in the back of the boat when Fred said come look at the dolphins. He turned off the motor and we were just amazed. There was a school of about 7 dolphins and a baby. The baby was so cute. They were swimming all around us. I did not have my camera but you can bet your bottom I will have it tomorrow. I could sit and watch them all day. They swim with such grace and are so peaceful to look at. I always want to jump in with them. The little baby was half the size of it's mother and a lighter color. It stayed right by it mother's side. It was like a dance. It would be nice if kids were like that. In step with you at all time and not running around doing their own thing. I really do not know how to describe the beauty of watching the dolphins. I will try to find them tomorrow and take some pictures. They are hard to photograph. I wish I could say smile for the camera.

4 comments:

J. Wallace said...

We had a similar experience on Edisto last summer -- one of the most memorable of my life! Why not jump in with them? Lucky!

Chere said...

You should not jump in with them. The are very strong swimmers. People have been injured by dolphins by accident. If they hit you they can easily break a limb.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

If your magic wand wasn't in the shop, you could make then smile for the camera;-)

Haqppy birthday, Priss!!!!!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I really need to check my spelling before I hit the publish your comment button. Sorry for all the mispellings.

Again, happy birthday (without the "q")!