Thursday, July 17, 2008

Handy Woman's Hint 2

10 Tips to Save $$$$$$ on Gas

1.) Save $900 by keeping your tires at the right pressure.

2.) Change spark plugs before they are due.

3.) Save $300 by changing your air filter early and often.

4.) Save $140 by keeping your car aligned.

5.) Brake drag can really sink your mileage.

6.) Replace a failing thermostat. New thermostats cost around $10.00.

7.) Lead foot = Light wallet

8.) Replace a broken or missing spoiler.

9.) Speed kills your gas mileage and your wallet.

10.) Replace your oxygen sensor(s) before the light goes on.

Hope some of the hints will help you get better gas mileage and save money.


3 comments:

Deb said...

Good tips on saving gas. I always new the tire pressure tip, but the other ideas are realy helpful.
And I like the photo of your "mascot".

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Mmmm...mmm..mmm. Athough your mascots are nice on the eye, I feel a little creeped out. Afterall, they look younger than my daughter! What about a more mature mascot like our husbands? You know...bulging tummies, receding hairlines, weak eyes, poor hearing. On second thought, your mascot looks wonderful! Stick with what's working :)

Jamie Payne said...

I now know that I'm getting older. I took one look at the mascot and thought "He looks like such a baby!". Definitely not bad on the eyes though:)