Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Test Are In

Heart Beat Pictures, Images and Photos
Hip, Hip Hooray!! The test are done! I think I will live another day. All kidding aside, my nuclear stress test is normal. I have been a little worried. For someone who has been a diabetic for 46 years, I have the potential to have the heart of a 92 year old. Five years ago my heart test was normal and this year is also normal. Now at 51 I will have this test done every two years.
I am still having chest pains and shortness of breath. One of the side effects of diabetes is that I probably will not feel when or if I have a heart attack. The best sign I would have is shortness of breath. They think that the reason for all of this is a low hemoglobin. Mine is 8.5 and normal is 14-27. When you get in the 7's they start to think blood transfusion. But for now I will take my super iron pills and see what happens. I have to rest and not over do it. Orders from the Doc. The best Doctor in the world has prescribed one scrap club meeting with friends, laughter, a new little Diva and no stress. Sounds good Doris, see you Sunday bright and early.

3 comments:

Judyann said...

Thank goodness you are "heart healthy". I was so worried. Yes, low hemogloblin or anemia can make you feel so tired. It's amazing how much of an impact low iron has on our bodies. Take those iron pills relligiously Chere and you will be feeling back to your old self before you know it. See you Sunday

J. Wallace said...

That's good news! Eat those greens too!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

This certainly explains the "funk" you've been in for a while. Not sure how you manage to stay so chipper when all you really need/want is rest and relaxation. Yes, Scrap Club is just what the doctor orders! I prescribe a heavy dose of female companionship with a kick of fun, creativity, food, and Christmas music. So glad there is nothing more serious and that you will be on the mend soon. We need to get your hemoglobin restored in time for our scrap cruise in January. Woo hoo!