Monday, September 1, 2008

Copenhagen, Danmark II


Click on the photo above to view a few photos of Copenhagen.
Fred and I spent a wonderful day in Copenhagen, Danmark. Yes, Danmark is the correct spelling and it is said like "Dan"mark. It seems that we as Americans like to change things to our liking. I am not sure why we spell it "Denmark" and say it "Den"mark but we do. Danmark is a very modern city with old and new mixed together. We went on a city tour with a stop at the Palace Square and Tivoli Gardens. The gardens is a amusement park that was built in the 1800's and is still standing today. What a wonderful place with rides, shows and great Danish restaurants. My husband was happy with his Carlsberg beer and pickled herring.
I truly missed my Father-In-Law today. He was such a calm soul with a cute Danish accent. I would like to think that he walked with us today. The Danish people are a very good looking race of people. The children we saw were beautiful. My favorite photo is of the different color houses. When Dusty was little his Grandfather built him a harbor of houses and a pier to dock his boats at. As you can see from my photos the sky was a glorious blue like the color of the Danish people's eyes. I enjoyed the short time we had in Copenhagen today and look forward to another visit to this country.
We are off to Germany tomorrow.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Isn't it great that we can keep in touch in this great big world? Just yesterday, Marlee left a few comments on my blog and today, I am conversing with you while you are in Europe! Quite amazing. I discovered that you are on a Carnival cruise ship..yes, I looked it up.
Love your photos, but it had me scratching my head. Why did these photos look so familiar to me? I am familiar with the sculpture of the naked woman on the sea wall. I have seen it somewhere but cannot place it. The row of colorful houses reminds me of Amsterdam and Curacao.
Beautiful job on the photos and keep them coming! Have a wonderful time...wish I was there!

Jamie Payne said...

Glad to see you're having such a good time! We'll miss you at scrap club this weekend but something tells me that you're having a better time in Europe. Miss you!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Because I doubt I will ever see Denmark in person, I love seeing it through your eyes. Lovely photos, Chere! I agree with Deb...the internet is an awesome invention. That we can stay in touch continents away from each other is nothing short of amazing. Can't wait to hear about your other travels. We will miss you at Scrap Club Sunday. Hoist a beer for us and we'll do the same ;)

Judyann said...

Chere, awesome photos. So glad you are having a wonderful time. Just love the fact that you are half a world away, but can still send us photos of your travels in an instant. Keep it up and enjoy the rest of your trip. We will miss you this Sunday, but truth be told, I'd probably rather be in Denmark instead of here at work in PTC.