Monday, November 10, 2008

Which Way Do I Go ?

This little quote is so my life today. Like a chicken with my head cut off. I seem to be running in circles. At the end of a day, I pause and say "What have I done today?" absolutely nothing! What is wrong with me?
I have such a wonderful life. Yes, there are bumps in the road. But all in all life is good. Fred and I have spent the past year traveling. We have visited 7 countries and 8 different states. Two of those states twice. So what is my deal.
I am in a rut. How do I get out? What do I do? Please help. Have you ever been at the bottom of your rut? Oh yeah, the holidays are coming and I am not in the mood. My brother and sisters, with families will be here for Christmas. I have to force myself to get ready. Not in the mood!
Help! Help! Help! Even my blog family has abandoned me. Help! Help!

7 comments:

Deb said...

Darling, Chere....I am so sorry you are feeling at the bottom of your rut. I, too, was in one and am just beginning to crawl up. Thankfully, I have Jack to brighten my day.
So, what do you do? Girls night out??? ;)

Chere said...

Deb, Thank you for the sweet words. I also have my sweet (sorta) Fred. It is just me. Thanks

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Just wait a rootin' tootin' minute. What am I? Chopped liver? Less than a month ago you and three other friends spent a spectacular time together in Connecticut. A couple weekends ago the same friends spent a fun girl's day taking a class at Archiver's, one week ago Pete and I met you and Fred to dinner on Saturday, and just last week we had a girl's night out where we celebrated baby Ava's arrival. In less than two months we're going on a cruise together and next weekend you, Jamie and I are going together to watch Twilight. What do you mean "It's just me"?????? Are we part of your rut? Are you tired of us? Do you want new friends? Like it or not we love you and you're stuck with us, Miss Priss. You're not getting rid of us that easily.

Chere said...

No, No, NO!!! I meant it is just me in a rut. Yes, we have done all those things, yes, Fred and I have almost been around the world this year. I am in a rut. No you guys. I do miss everyone on the blog. Like I said I am in a rut.

Chere said...

Excuse me, I meant "Not you guys". Please excuse the error.

Deb said...

I get what you are saying. Although you can be surrounded by family and friends, sometimes you just feel empty inside. You don't know why, but you just feel that way. And one day in a few days or in a week or two, you will realise that you are no longer empty.

J. Wallace said...

Give yourself a break Chere. Maybe what you need is a little time with your feet up. I'm feeling kind of stressed out at the moment as well. It has something to do with teaching Shakespeare to two classes of 10th graders. Oh, and my cat just yacked on the carpet 18 inches from my foot. But hey, tomorrow is another day -- and you're right -- we're soooo lucky. Hang in there -- it'll turn around.